How you can contribute to the building of the Preston veterans home!
While the hope is to build a 72-bed home, the local donations made by August 24, 2018 will dictate the size and amenities of the facility.
Donations made by this date will be matched 2:1 by the Federal Veterans Administration.
The veterans home will be a skilled nursing care facility with up to 72-beds (depending on the amount of donations)
and will be the first and only in Southeastern Minnesota. The cost of the facility will be $30+ million.
Most veterans left their communities behind to serve their country.
Having veteran homes in Greater Minnesota ensures our veterans don’t again need to leave their communities to get the care they deserve.
Stay up to date on the progress of the veterans home:
- July 20, 2018 – Fundraising campaign approved for veterans home
- May 30, 2018 – Mark Dayton Signs Public Works Bonding Bill
- May 10, 2018 – Senate unveils Bonding Bill
- April 12, 2018 – Commissioners put support behind Preston site for possible Veterans Home
- April 9, 2018 – Preston commits cash contribution for veterans home
- February 13, 2018 – Making the Case for Fillmore County Veterans Home
- February 12, 2018 – State Senators travel to Fillmore County to consider new Veterans Home
- November 6, 2017 – Economic impact of veterans home in Fillmore County | Fillmore County Journal
- September 15, 2017 – Wanted: A state veterans home in Fillmore County | Post Bulletin
- August 21, 2017 – Congressman Walz’s staff visits proposed veteran home sites | Fillmore County Journal
- August 16, 2017 – Local Veterans Look for Funding For Vets Home In Preston | ABC 6 NEWS