Absentee ballots are available beginning Friday, June 26, 2020 for the State Primary Election. You may request the Absentee ballot anytime during the year for an election, except the day of the election.
Absentee Voters may vote by mail or in person at the Fillmore County Courthouse prior to the election.
In-Person Voting at the Fillmore County Courthouse.
An eligible voter may vote by absentee ballot in person at the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s office during the following times for the primary election:
- During normal office hours beginning Friday, June 26, 2020 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- On the Saturday before the election from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On the Monday before the election until 5:00 p.m.
You may pick up an application for an absentee ballot in person, or request one from the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Dept. at the Fillmore County Courthouse, 101 Fillmore Street, Preston, MN 55965.
Voting by Mail.
If you request to have a ballot mailed, one will be mailed to you after your application has been received in the Auditor/Treasurer’s office.
- To obtain an absentee ballot application form, visit the Secretary of State website sos.state.mn.us/
- An absentee ballot may also be obtained by calling the Auditor/Treasurer’s Office at 507-765-3811.
- You may request an Absentee application via email at email@example.com
You may deliver your application to the County Auditor/Treasurer’s office at the address listed above or mail the application to:
Mail it to:
Fillmore County Elections
P.O. Box 466
Preston, MN 55965
- When returning your completed ballot in person to the Auditor/Treasurer’s office, the ballot must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the day before the election.
- When returning your completed ballot by mail, the ballot must be received (not postmarked) at the polling place on Election Day.
If you have any questions in regard to Absentee Voting; please contact the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurers Office at 507-765-3811.